Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Phew!


I run run and run. Nothing stopped me. The fastest 45 minutes of my life. Oh damn! I have only one hour to reach some random place to Andheri east to catch bus to Khandala and I get up in kandivali west at 5.30 am. From home to the rikshaw to station ticket window (damn! My honesty). Oh f*** the train is coming. Run run and don’t look back for the coins that have just slipped your palms. Phew! I catch the train. On the way I make a few frantic calls to jot down the address (damn! My forgetfulness). I jump off the train and run up the stairs onto the footbridge. I argue with the rikshaw wala to take me by the meter but all he says, “yeh time pe meter se koi nahi jata.” I give up (damn! My vulnerability). I reach the destination finally 15 minutes before time.

2 comments:

  1. thank God u reached on tym........
    I njoyed reading this...this was my everyday story when i used to travel frm andehri to Marine lines......BUT BUT ....I never reached on tym.....always marked absent in JANE'S Lecture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol!! yeah shilpa and u never reached on time :D

    ReplyDelete