Saturday, November 21, 2009

Irony!


In a purple sleeveless dress, Ms. XYZ stood feeding a stray dog on Mahalaxmi station. She must have been in her late forties. The dog however wasn’t looking very interested in the biscuits. She had to keep going back to him to coax him to finish the food on the floor. When I asked about this strange behavior of the dog she said, “Must not be in a mood… I feed him everyday, he knows me.” Seeing an amazed expression on my face, she continued her saga. She told me that she feeds almost 50 to 70 dogs daily. “I love animals, I have a dog and nine love birds at my home. They are in a big cage!” she proudly asserted. The nine love birds’ statement left me with an unsettled feeling. But she defended herself by saying, “they won’t fly away even if I free them, they love me.” Not very convinced with her defense though, I just let the conversation end there and not let it spiral into a worthless argument.

No comments:

Post a Comment