Monday, November 2, 2009

Just an amusing event...

He smiled at him as the young man walked out of his classroom. The bond of brotherhood was suddenly established between them. I stood there amused thinking about how strong is the Marathi manoos connection. From the bored, disinterested cameraman, he turned into a more than enthusiastic man behind the lens. ‘adi assa ubhe raha, haan he barobar’, he kept repeating.

After the ‘balasaheb barr aahe?’ finally got over, the young man was allowed to retreat to the classroom. He thankfully had given me his ‘precious’ byte, which I really didn’t need. But obviously the college students thought I would be kicked about taking a byte from a successor of a saffron party. So they made him stand in front of the camera even before I could blink.


As the grand occasion for the college students got over, the cameraman told me with a sly smile, “I have seen adi grow up; I used to visit his place when Raj was the president of the youth wing… and then he packed up everything up and moved on to the next student. But the gloating expression still lingered on his face for a while. Too much to comprehend for me. But I just let it be.

2 comments:

  1. hi ... i am kind of confused about this write up..... i did not get clarity as per who was the follower and who was i nthe class.... and whats happening exactly.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. The successor of a saffrom party is Aditya Thackeray. he is the student in this case.

    my cameraman out of love addressed him as 'adi'.

    Balasahed mentioned in the article is Bal Thackeray

    and obv the RAJ mentioned in the article is Raj Thackeray who was the youth wing president much before he founded MNS

    cool?

    ReplyDelete