Monday, October 26, 2009

Rustles of a late night stroll...


A late night stroll on the suburban streets of Mumbai made me see and notice things that I usually overlook in the crazy mornings of the city. As I took my path back home, I saw streets littered with dry golden colour leaves. The street lights were making these leaves glow in the darkness. The trees above these fallen orphans, were casting long shadows on the street. The sound of the passing autorikshaws was echoing through the night. Shops on both sides of the road were shutting down for the day. The sleepy shopkeepers pulled the shutter down to come back again tomorrow for another long day. Most of the windows of the houses above these shops were dark; the only light that was present was of the dancing Diwali toran lights which were still hanging from the windows. And at this time, a couple was taking a walk, enjoying a peaceful and calmed down city street and the golden light shining above…

No comments:

Post a Comment